A deputy manager
Becoming a deputy manager at Royal Mail Group is a great way to take that first step into a managerial position and gain the experience you need to further your career. My primary job as a Postie is all about making sure our customers get their mail on time and giving them a first class service. But when there is a need for managerial cover, I'll draw on some of the skills I've been trained in to help out on a part time basis. Day to day, my responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility for the safety of colleagues and third parties
- Supporting policies and procedures
- Holding daily huddles to discuss the daily work focus
- Resolving customer complaints and building partnerships with local customers
- Responding to day-to-day and emergency vehicle issue and Health & Safety responsibilities.
As you can see, it's an exciting and challenging role; one that gives you the opportunity to gain some fantastic managerial experience. What's more, if you choose to apply for the position, Royal Mail Group will provide you with all the training you need – a week-long management Induction course and four days of Ops training. And for the periods that you cover as a deputy manager, your pay will also be supplemented with substitution payments.
You can read about Angie Bleasdale and her position as a Delivery Office Manager here.
Was this page useful to you?
If you do have any suggestions about the site you can submit them as part of our feedback competition. You can find out more here